What they do? Appalled by the stark reality of 31 million orphans in India and shocked by the condition of institutions housing them, a few like-minded people came together to take serious action. This obsession was the seed which sprouted as Udayan Care – which was registered in 1994, as a Public Charitable Trust.
Udayan Ghar Programme started for orphaned and abandoned children. In 2002, they moved towards higher education for girls through the Udayan Shalini Fellowships. In 2004, they started the Udayan Information and Technology Centres to improve employability of underserved communities.
Geography – Pan India
Some recent awards won by Udayan Care
- National Award for Child Welfare 2014
- Indian NGO of the Year 2011 (Rockefeller Foundation and Resource Alliance)
- PHD Chamber Award for Outstanding Contribution to Social Welfare, 2010
- Karmaveer Puraskar for Social Justice & Citizen Action, 2010
- The Kiran Lifetime Award, 2010
- SHE’ Award (Saluting Her Endeavour),2010
- Award of Excellence,2010
16/97-A, First Floor, Vikram Vihar, Lajpat Nagar IV,
New Delhi 110024
Phone: 011 4654 8105